-->

Happy Zoo Animate Beingness Peek-A-Boo Board

Welcome to Zoo Week! We had fun crafting panda puppets yesterday and today nosotros are sharing a fun guessing game too retentiveness action for kids using zoo animals!



My kids convey actually been enjoying zoo calendar week too dearest doing pretend play amongst their plastic zoo animals too reading our favorite zoo books. Our absolute favorite zoo majority is Dear Zoo past times Rod Marshall. It is a lift-the-flap majority too all of my kids LOVE it.

Since the kids dearest to elevator the flaps, I persuasion it mightiness live fun to exercise our ain lift-the-flap activity... which is why nosotros ended upward creating this unproblematic zoo animate beingness peek-a-boo board to become along with Dear Zoo.


This board was pretty quick to brand too was a dandy purpose for the animate beingness flashcards I of late flora inward the dollar location at Target! Hooray!


Materials Needed:

  • colorful felt (several pieces)
  • fabric scissors
  • glue gun & gum sticks
  • large foam board
  • animal photos (or animate beingness flashcards)
  • animal impress photos (found online)
  • circle punch (optional)
  • double stick tape


Directions:


We started off this action past times preparing the peek-a-boo board. This was a mom project, although my kids stuck closed past times me since they were anxious to drive out the flaps too banking enterprise check out the animals. I had to proceed stealing them dorsum from the kids.

To acquire started I cutting several pieces of felt to fit the size of my animate beingness flashcards. I cutting 8 rectangles of felt.

Next I printed off corresponding animate beingness impress designs to become along amongst each animate beingness I selected (from simply looking on Google). Then I used my circle punch to brand a circle of each animate beingness print.




Next I warmed upward my gum gun too and thence I glued an animate beingness impress circle to the oculus of each slice of felt.


After that I prepared the board past times double-stick taping the zoo animate beingness flashcards simply about on the white foam board how I wanted them to be.


Next I grabbed my gum gun too glued each rectangle on piece of occupation past times of its matching zoo animate beingness flashcard. I solely pose gum along the rattling piece of occupation past times border of the rectangle thence that the felt stayed secure to the board too you lot could all the same elevator upward the felt easily to encounter the animals.


Once the gum cooled off, nosotros permit my kids come upward too play. They directly started lifting flaps too talking close the animals.


This was such a dandy linguistic communication action for my toddler! We talked close the animate beingness names too and thence what the animate beingness prints looked similar (bumpy, colors, striped, nix zag, etc).

We kept the board upward against the wall for a fighting too and thence nosotros also set it down. The kids liked playing amongst it both ways. The hot gum gun actually helped proceed the felt secure, thence the kids weren't easily yanking the felt pieces down.


I stayed closed past times piece they were playing to speak close the animals, the colors, the shapes, too the designs nosotros noticed. We also made animate beingness sounds (if nosotros knew them). 

My youngest simply lifted upward 1 flap later the other later the other. I tried to convey my kids estimate the animate beingness past times looking at the animate beingness impress circle. This was a dandy action for strengthening their retentiveness skills every bit nosotros played... too and thence did something else... too and thence came dorsum too played again. 

I tin already say that this peek-a-boo board is going to live dandy during playtime too fun to modify simply about based on other themes every bit well. 


Do you lot convey whatever other favorite zoo themed crafts or activities? Come say us close them!!


Head on over to our Zoo Week landing page to encounter the other activities every bit nosotros portion them this week. You tin also follow my Going to the Zoo pinterest board for to a greater extent than ideas too.

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel