-->

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, Straight Off In Addition To Then

I’m non a huge dessert fan, together with thence it was a lilliputian ironic that the outset few things I always cooked at culinary schoolhouse were sweet, non savory. It was also long agone to scream upward why, but I intend nosotros divided the shape into unlike groups for our lab times, together with I precisely happened to hold upward inward the ane that started alongside basic baking.

I distinctly scream upward gummy buns beingness the outset recipe nosotros did, but the 2d ane was a pineapple upside-down cake. It’s such a cool recipe for a novel culinary student, since it precisely looks similar a simple, rustic fruit cobbler when it comes out of the oven, all browned together with bubbling, but a few minutes later, when it’s turned over together with that gloriously caramelized surface is revealed, it becomes together with thence much more.

As I basked inward the shiny glow of this iconic American dessert, non exclusively did I experience similar mayhap I knew what I was doing, but I had edible proof sitting correct at that topographic point on the table. Of course, what I’m non telling you lot is that well-nigh of my pineapple slices stuck to the pan, together with I had to spell it all dorsum together earlier the chef came over to encounter my work, but all’s good that ends well.

I was truly variety of hoping that would move on here, together with thence I could demonstrate how slowly it is to but position all your “puzzle pieces” dorsum inward place. So relax. Once the cake cools, no ane volition hold upward able to say the difference. As long every bit the syrup is warm, your reconstruction volition hold upward fine.

I may hold upward inward the minority, but I don’t similar to move past times this alongside anything. Of course of written report vanilla or kokosnoot H2O ice cream would hold upward fine, or mayhap a dollop of whipped cream, but for my tastes, “as is” plant best. Anyway, I promise you lot laissez passer this classic pineapple upside-down cake a endeavor soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for a 9-inch skillet:
For the pineapple base:
4 tbsp butter
3/4 loving cup low-cal chocolate-brown sugar
1 tbsp pineapple juice
1 tbsp nighttime rum
1/2 little pineapple, trimmed, sliced (see video below)
For the batter:
1/2 loving cup melted chocolate-brown butter (works same w/ regular melted butter)
1 1⁄2 cups flour
1/8 tsp solid set down cardamom
1⁄2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 loving cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1⁄2 loving cup milk

How to Prep a Pineapple

As Promised, here's a video on how to tegument together with spell a pineapple from my friends at Allrecipes. Enjoy!

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel