-->

“Pad Thai” Popcorn – How 5 Seconds Of Late-Night Television Changed The Hereafter Of Caramel Corn

Every 1 time inwards a corking while, I travel a nutrient wishing from someone I admire together with honour together with therefore much that I exactly can’t country no. This “Pad Thai” popcorn recipe was their latest request, together with equally always, I was to a greater extent than than thrilled to brand this real influential person’s snack dream come upwards true. Who is this mystery foodie? Me!

I was channel surfing belatedly 1 night, together with caught the real tail cease of a demo featuring a hot topographic point inwards Charleston, SC, called The Gin Joint. The subject was unique bar eats, together with the host was talking virtually something called, “Pad Thai” popcorn. What was that?

I heard those words, together with saw mayhap 5 seconds of footage of what looked similar caramel corn inwards a basket, together with that was it. Frustrated, but quite excited, I jumped online to observe the bar’s website, together with hopefully the recipe. Nothing.

There were a few links amongst people talking virtually it, together with a duad prison theatre cellular telephone pictures, but no actual official recipe to live on found. So, I decided to laissez passer on myself a nutrient wishing – figure out how to recreate this extraordinary-sounding snack. I decided to only fortify a measure caramel corn recipe amongst peanuts, lime, hot chilies, fish sauce, together with cilantro.

Maybe it was beginner’s luck, or the collective consciousness of all the pitiful souls who’ve tasted that popcorn together with desperately wished they could travel inwards at home, but it came out incredibly well. Crispy, crunchy, sweet, spicy, aromatic, together with awesome! You know I’m a fan of the hyperbole, but it’s amongst all sincerity that I say, this may live on the greatest caramel popcorn-related snack breakthrough since balls.

By the way, since this was my commencement attempt, delight experience gratis to suit the ingredients amounts together with study back. I mean value side past times side fourth dimension I’ll add together a fleck to a greater extent than lime together with fish sauce, for a picayune extra kick. I may too explore using tamarind juice and/or palm sugar. Anyway, I promise yous laissez passer on this unbelievably addictive “Pad Thai” popcorn a attempt soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for virtually 8 cups of Pad Thai Popcorn:
1/3 to 1/2 loving cup popping corn kernels (roughly 8 cups prepared popcorn)
1 loving cup finely chopped dry-roasted, salted peanuts
1/4 loving cup chopped cilantro
For the caramel sauce:
1/2 loving cup packed brownish sugar
1/4 loving cup vegetable oil
1/4 loving cup corn syrup
2 or three tsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp freshly grated lime zest
1 1/2 tbsp Asian fish sauce (fyi, if yous don't travel fish sauce, you'll accept to add together salt)
1 rounded tablespoon Sambal ruddy chili sauce, or real finely diced fresh hot chilies
rounded 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder)
*bake 45 minutes at 250 degrees F., tossing three or four times during the cooking.

View the consummate recipe

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel