-->

Happy Alphabet Car Racing


Race cars are constantly zooming past times my feet at our house. I become hence frustrated when I accidentally footstep on them! Ouch!

This calendar week I decided to encompass the chaos as well as role the cars (and trucks... as well as trains) to produce some alphabet exploration activities amongst my daughter! 

Alphabet auto racing is such a fun agency practise matching as well as identifying letters. It is also a uncomplicated agency to but beak most missive of the alphabet names as well as sounds spell also having a practiced time... as well as moving our bodies!


Supplies:  



Directions:


First I record the easel newspaper rolls onto the flooring as well as and hence I drew a large race runway on it! I made 4 lanes hence that nosotros could focus on 4 letters at a time. That's most all my toddler tin handle.


Then nosotros painted the lanes (I by as well as large did that spell my fille drove her cars around).

And as well as hence nosotros added matching alphabet stickers to the lanes as well as cars. Each auto had a missive of the alphabet on it which corresponded to a lane amongst the same missive of the alphabet on it.


Then my fille had to check each auto to the right lane as well as drive the auto to a greater extent than or less the track... trying to remain within the lines!

This action was non alone peachy for practicing missive of the alphabet names as well as matching, it was also a fabulous gross motor exercise because nosotros used our whole bodies every bit nosotros moved to a greater extent than or less on the flooring driving the cars to a greater extent than or less the large track. There was also a lot of hand-eye coordination involved every bit nosotros tried to remain inwards the lines of the runway spell the cars went to a greater extent than or less as well as around.


My fille had fun driving her cars to a greater extent than or less past times herself as well as and hence I joined inwards as well as drove my ain cars as well as my boy drove his ain cars too. We but had to sentry out to brand certain at that spot weren't also many auto crashes ;)

Stickers are tardily to lead maintain on as well as lead maintain off, hence yous tin function on a few letters as well as and hence switch them to a greater extent than or less as well as effort novel ones. Easy peasy. You could also but check colors or shapes instead of letters past times but using dissimilar stickers.

For older kids:


  • Use upper as well as lowercase alphabet stickers hence they lead maintain to check the working capital missive of the alphabet amongst the lowercase letter
  • Match sight words or curt vowel words instead of letters (you tin role pasty labels instead of stickers)


Do yous lead maintain whatever auto lovers at your house? Do yous lead maintain whatever favorite ways that yous acquire using race cars or trucks or trains? If so, come upwards part your ideas inwards the comments!!


Here are 2 of our favorites:


Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel