-->

Work Your Donkey On The Gas (Hillbilly Business Office 1)

The Hillbilly Hare Scramble, Rural Retreat VA, Round 8 VCHSS Series

June 26, 2016 10:45 AM

This volition live my initiatory of all race on the 2004 Gas Gas EC300 purchased from Craigslist.  I've spent the concluding 2 weeks preparing together with riding the bike, trying to form jetting together with suspension, both of which are an abysmal mess.  The previous possessor has a high height jet kit installed, which agency it's thin throughout the rev range. Changing jets is no tardily task.  The airbox boot safe has hardened, which makes it nearly impossible to pry the carb out or larn it dorsum in.  The cast of the gas tank agency yous can't only rotate the carb inwards the boots without removing it.  You can't take away the tank without removing the radiator shrouds.  You can't take away the shrouds without removing the seat.  Are yous getting the picture?

Three sizes upwards on the pilot, a clip position modify together with 2 primary jet sizes convey the creature somewhat into line, but non perfect.  Unbeknownst to me, Rural Retreat is at an elevation of 2500 feet, good higher upwards the body of body of water marking testing expanse where I am doing my jetting.  Oh well, at to the lowest degree it won't live together with thus lean!

There was a 2 threescore minutes "pre-ride" of the course of written report on Saturday, which showed me precisely how bad the pause is laid up.  Actually the bring upwards Ohlins is non bad, but the front end Marzocchis are a disaster.  I pass much of the solar daytime spinning clickers.  A tire pull per unit of measurement area adjustment helps tremendously equally well.

It's similar a tale of 2 courses.  One a rocky hell-hole trail amongst slick mud together with treacherous off-cambers strewn amongst small-scale boulders that precisely beg to blast pipes, cases together with bones.  The other is a fast grass rail amongst a duo of spots where nosotros are hitting sixth gear pinned.  I brand a mental annotation to live certain together with remainder upwards on this section, because the other is exhausting.

The wheel is a bitch to start hot.  Cold it lights inwards 2 kicks, but warm the engine together with the floor changes.  Usually I tin larn it inwards nigh five, but I know if I stall during the race, this volition exhaust me.  I hollo upwards it's a combination of jetting that is nevertheless off, a gargantuan piston together with the compression that comes amongst it, a weird angle on the kickstarter, boots that look to e'er hang upwards on the footpegs, together with a correct leg which has atrophied from solely kicking over KDX200s for the concluding few years.  The dead engine start at the commencement of the race has me worried.

In the end, it's my ain nerves that larn the best of me.  When the flag flies I give it a furious boot together with forthwith start to give it another.  The 2d boot is met amongst absolutely no resistance, precisely a horrendous grinding sound.  It takes nigh 3 seconds for my febrile encephalon to suss out what is going on.  The engine is already running.  Son of a bitch...


You run across that passenger to the left of your screen, way inwards the back?  Yeah, the 1 inwards dead last?  That's me!
    

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel