-->

After The Flood

3.5 hr displace to Martinsville, VA for Round four of the Virginia Championship Hare Scrambles Series.  Currently sec inwards points inwards 40+C.  Had to create a quick rebuild too bottom terminate swap to instruct the wheel dorsum together.  I've got almost ix hours ride fourth dimension on the motor too everything seems to last asset upward well.

The pelting starts equally before long equally I unload the bike.  It does non halt for the adjacent xvi hours.  I toss too plow listening to the drumming on the van roof.  I know it is going to last a mess out at that topographic point inwards the woods tomorrow.  I bring a real adept feeling almost this race, but I likewise bring real bad ones.

We are delayed on sun equally they line riders out of the mud from the race earlier ours.  Still raining.  The 150+ riders are standing talocrural articulation deep inwards reddish muck waiting for this affair to happen.  There is verbalize of "goggles" or "no goggles" upward too downwards the rows.  Rain has already gotten betwixt my tear-offs too I know what my determination is.  I line them upward only below my visor, knowing that is in all likelihood where they volition remain for the duration.  Riders look nervous too jumpy, moving some a lot, stretching, jogging inwards place, jumping jacks.  If they knew what hell awaited, they would last saving their energy.

Finally nosotros instruct the become ahead.  Mud flies too for a instant I want I had goggles on.  One of my contact lenses slides to the corner of my optic never to last seen from again.  This is non starting out too hence well.  I blink to clear the mud from my 1 adept optic too laid off later the machines throwing handfuls of sopping moisture public inwards my direction, knowing this is going to last a tough day.


Storm clouds get together some the encampment.

Before 12 hours of constant rain.


A fun colina today, tomorrow, an impassable climb.


 

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel