-->

Give Me Security Or Order Me Death

"Be safe."

It's the catchphrase of a novel millennium.  Once reserved for parents to preach to their children together with spouses to coo at 1 another, it's instantly the form of matter you lot tin listen from anyone, whatsoever time. Case inwards point: a co-worker said it to me yesterday equally I was leaving, motorbike gear, helmet inwards hand.

Going on vacation?  Be safe.  Heading home?  Be safe.  Going to the fridge for a spell of cheese?  Be safe.

What does the phrase actually mean?  Does it hateful people holler back together with then trivial of you lot that they experience you lot mightiness produce something dumb together with teach yourself killed?  Do they holler back I am together with then naive equally to hold upward completely unaware of the risks equally I stride out my door?  Do they fearfulness roughly random idiot mightiness brand a motion that erases me from existence?  Or is it, equally I suspect, a pat trivial apothegm that doesn't hateful shit except to brand us experience amend nigh something nosotros cause got no command over?

We sue for safety.  We march inwards the streets for it.  We require our authorities enact laws to continue us condom from each other, together with ourselves.  But when does it teach ridiculous, or unsafe inwards together with of itself?  At what signal cause got nosotros given upward to a greater extent than than the simulated feel of security is worth?

I'm all nigh minimizing the risks I tin together with accepting the ones I can't, equally a racer together with 5 hateful solar daytime a calendar week motorbike commuter, it's teach an ingrained habit.  But that's the departure really, isn't it?  They are my risks to minimize together with accept, or turn down equally I deem appropriate.  Mine.  My responsibility.  Not roughly government's, roughly committee, roughly ring of concerned citizens.  

The globe is a unsafe together with scary identify together with you lot are never going to legislate enough, circular plenty sudden edges, or riddle amongst plenty bullets to teach inwards otherwise.  Get over it together with teach on amongst it.  And hold upward condom nigh it!


What produce you lot hateful 'this doesn't await safe'?


      

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel