-->

Unto Death


Forty-two.

For fans of Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it is the response to the ultimate query of life, the universe too everything.  Unfortunately nosotros don't know the question.

For the to a greater extent than pious with us, from Psalm 42: "Why my soul, are you lot too thus downcast?  Why are you lot too thus disturbed inside me?"

There are forty-two U.S. gallons inwards a barrel of oil.

42 is the alone jersey position out retired past times all major league baseball game teams to observe Jackie Robinson.  I'm non much of a baseball game fan, merely fifty-fifty I know the significance of/behind this.

In Japanese culture, the position out 42 is considered unlucky because the numerals, when pronounced separately: shi ni, (four two), audio similar the phrase, "unto death".  (I bring to confess to having had a hearty, if somewhat fey chuckle upon reading this, the argue for which volition piece of job apparent momentarily.)

Ultimately, every bit of today, I am forty-two years old.  Not actually a milestone too I am non 1 to lend much acceptance to numbers, symbols or the concept of acting my historic menstruation anyways, merely I suppose at to the lowest degree to a greater extent than or less detect must hold upwards paid to the passing of years, lest they pile upwards similar damp circulars on the stoop of an abandoned family until the porch collapses inwards a rotted heap.  Therefore if the Japanese are correct, too it is instantly "unto death" you lot tin bet your donkey I am headed at that topographic point top speed, helmet on, visor downwards too grinning similar a fucking madman.  


AMA Hall of Famer, Steve Morehead #42 "The Findlay Flyer"


Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel