-->

Projects

I select been a piddling lax on posting lately.  Writer's block would hold out a convenient excuse, if alone it were true, but it's by too large merely beingness lazy.  Oh, too projects.

I e'er abide by myself getting wrapped upwards inward these motorbike projects.  Occasionally they plow out ok, but by too large they merely toll coin too fourth dimension too at the terminate of it all yous are left amongst a large pile of neither.

Thinking back, this propensity for projects must select started inward my adolescence.  Inevitably around vanquish to shit two-wheeled conveyance good beyond its finally legs would breathe a concluding gasp piece falling into my grubby piddling paws, too similar a well-smitten john amongst his favorite lady of night, I would laid upwards nearly to "saving" the machine.  As inward the story of the hooker too the trick, it never ends well, Pretty Woman is a lie.

There exists a long, shameful listing of vehicles that I select thrown adept coin subsequently bad at too ended upwards selling at a huge loss merely to exit from underneath.

  • The 1978 Kawasaki Invader snowmobile that ate upwards at to the lowest degree $1,700 of my college coin when I was 17: sold for $275 to my lowballing friend.  
  • The $2500 1979 Honda CB750F that I spent around other $1,800 on turning into a cafe racer: sold on Ebay for the princely amount of $1,300. 
  • The Suzuki T500 route racer amongst particular chassis, forks, wheels too engine, at to the lowest degree $20,000: parted out for alone $5,000, because no i would purchase it whole for $3,000.  
  • The 1982 Yamaha RD350LC "money pit" amongst a running jibe of nearly $15,000: I silent select it too they are going to bury me amongst it thus I tin reach the sack larn my money's worth out of the damn thing.
Some men pass coin on booze too women, I pass it on motorcycles. That RD, however, purchased nearly 8 years agone was my breaking point.  I vowed never to larn that deep into something again.  I had matured at to the lowest degree plenty to recognize a bad human relationship when I saw it, too I knew that around things are ameliorate abandoned than seen through to the bitter end.

And yet I can't resist the urge to tinker amongst things, or "make them better".  As I stare at the pile of parts on the garage flooring that select to hold out finessed, massaged too thus finally likely hammered too cajoled into place, I realize this is the showtime of around other project.  Dammit. 





A modest sampling of my diverse projects over the finally 25 or thus years

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel