-->

Ton Of Bricks

Friday, Oct 23, 2015 4:18 PM

This beingness the finally installment of a Racer's Final(s) Diary

"It's exclusively 1 time inwards the whole black that it shows.  He's given the orders in addition to all the Mutants in addition to S.O.B.s in addition to everybody is gone for a minute.  He only sags inwards his saddle similar an onetime man.  Then he straightens upwardly in addition to grins at me similar it's funny.  He can't die...." Frank Miller, The Dark Knight Returns

I piece of occupation out the Barber Motorsports Park racetrack for the finally fourth dimension in addition to my 2015 race flavour comes to an end.  Ten weekends, 10 thou miles in addition to 10 thou dollars afterwards (or more, I haven't totalled it up) in addition to all I experience is a feel of relief that it is over.  I'm every bit good tired for elation at this point.  There is no grand celebration, only a modest awards ceremony alongside fifty or in addition to hence people inwards attendance.  Suspiciously absent are the men who finished 2nd identify to me, Kurt inwards V5 in addition to Scott McKee inwards V6.  That's all right, I don't need anyone to pat me on the back, never have.  I knew going inwards that if I should accomplish these goals, they would live personal in addition to non specially world or profitable.  There would live no lucrative sponsorship deals, beautiful women would non live hurling themselves at my feet in addition to I surely wouldn't live signing whatever autographs or appearing on Good Morning America to speak nearly my accomplishments.

That's ok, because somehow that makes it to a greater extent than pure.  To position your pump in addition to soul into a affair for exclusively the sake of achieving it, non for notoriety or compensation is a practiced thing, I think.  Don't larn me wrong, if anybody out in that place wants to shipping me a bonus banking enterprise check drib me an electronic mail in addition to I'll plough over you lot the address.

I wasn't thinking nearly whatever of these things every bit the Sun sunk into an Alabama Oct eve in addition to I loaded the 2 machines that had performed in addition to hence admirably over the finally vii months.  My heed was on the 700 mile drive ahead of me.  One last, 10 hr gasp earlier dwelling identify in addition to residual in addition to perhaps only a footling satisfaction inwards having done what I ready out to do.




Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel