-->

Smooth Sailing Into Shit Talking

Wednesday, Oct 21, 5:48 PM

This existence Part IX of a Racer's Final(s) Diary

Aside from 2 mild pump attacks, i that occurred every bit a outcome of a clunking inward the front end cease (turned out the hood wasn't fully latched) together with the other resulting from the apparent loss of my exclusively credit menu (found betwixt the seats on the flooring of the van), the residual of my trip to Barber is a tranquillity one, marked exclusively past times the humming of the tires on the tarmac.

As usual, the Barber Motorsports Park staff is friendly together with helpful, corralling belatedly arrivals such every bit myself at the entrance to allow those who came before to movement into inward a fair together with ordered fashion.  This novel do breaks the tradition of the "WERA Stampede", read to a greater extent than close that here: STAMPEDE!

Eventually the expensive motorhomes, toy haulers, trailers together with sprinter vans file past times me together with I am allowed to follow.  Standing inward line of piece of occupation to sign the waiver together with buy the wristband that volition allow me access to the track, I hear a vocalization shouting my name.  It's Kurt, my would-be arch nemesis, the homo I accept to compaction inward social club to win the V5 championship.  The friendly banter begins, together with thus our eyes encounter together with I tin tell the game is afoot.  I feel him searching for whatever kind of a finger or toe-hold on the smoothen appearing granite human face upward that is my exterior, looking for whatever fissure inward the veneer that could choose the whole thing tumbling down.

I cause upward one's hear to plough over him i together with tell all close my mechanical troubles en road to the track.  He appears sympathetic together with says, "Man, you lot facial expression tired."

Tired of caput games maybe, I think.  The truth of the thing is he wants a repeat entitle together with I accept no intention of letting him accept it, nether whatever circumstances.  Obviously nosotros similar together with honour each other, you lot could fifty-fifty tell nosotros accept boot the bucket friends over the final year, only that all stops every bit presently every bit the tires hitting the race surface.  I await him to come upward at me amongst everything he's got together with I certain every bit shit won't describe whatever punches out in that place either.  Short of making physical contact or taking each other out, anything goes, together with I am non to a higher identify a picayune rub hither or in that place if necessary.

The points chase is close every bit unopen every bit it tin be.  I accept 65 points to Kurt's 69.  The Grand National Finals races pay out double points, if I complete ahead of Kurt, nosotros tie.  The necktie is together with thus decided past times finishing social club at the Finals, thus I win.  Tooth together with nail, hammer together with tongs, it promises to travel interesting.      


This is precisely where I require to travel on Friday, ahead of Kurt together with pulling away.  This painting is at Road Atlanta September 2015.

 

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel