-->

Coconut Milk Rice Pudding Alongside Fresh Mango – I Don’T Similar Rice Pudding, Only I Honey This!

I’m non a large fan of rice pudding, but curiosity got the best of me, in addition to I needed to discovery out how much better/different a version would locomote that used Arborio rice, in addition to the same basic technique every bit a savory risotto. 

In improver to trying out a novel cooking method, I besides wanted to sneak inwards unopen to kokosnoot milk for a niggling tropical twist, in addition to I’m happy to study cracking success on both fronts. The Arborio produced a wonderfully creamy texture, in addition to dissimilar tradition long-grain rice pudding, the grains of rice maintained a surely textural integrity, instead of precisely disappearing into ane big, starchy mass.

The kokosnoot milk gave the pudding unopen to other layer of subtle sweetness, in addition to besides inspired the fresh mango garnish, which actually elevated these bowls of comforting goodness. Of course of study the mango is optional, in addition to you’re welcome to cause got your chances alongside raisins, preferably golden ones. If desired, those tin locomote added at the same fourth dimension every bit the saccharide in addition to salt.

Speaking of bowls, I mostly don’t brand dessert for iii (except this ane time, at band camp…), but I had unopen to novel porcelain ones I wanted to use, in addition to didn’t bother to banking concern gibe the book earlier ladling inwards the sugariness porridge.

Despite my “odd” yield, you lot should teach 4 nicely sized portions from the amounts below. And yes, if you lot can’t discovery kokosnoot milk (which you lot can), precisely piece of employment all milk. I promise you lot hand this kokosnoot milk rice pudding a endeavor soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for 4 portions:
1 tbsp butter
1/3 loving cup Arborio rice (Note: I haven’t tested this recipe using regular rice, in addition to therefore no sentiment if that volition piece of employment here. My instincts say me, non close every bit well)
1 loving cup kokosnoot milk
2 3/4 to 3 cups milk, or every bit needed
1/4 loving cup white sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla
salt to taste
1 egg yolk, beaten alongside ii tbsp milk
For the garnish:
1/4 loving cup finely diced mango
pinch of Chinese 5-Spice

View the consummate recipe

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel